The Non-Surgical Face Lift | Are you looking for a way to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, frown lines, or sagging skin? You’re not alone. Each year, millions of people opt for minimally invasive or nonsurgical procedures to alter the appearance of their skin.
Although a nonsurgical cosmetic treatment likely won’t give you the same dramatic results as a surgical facelift, noninvasive procedures can be very effective at targeting:
- wrinkles and deep creases
- loss of facial volume
- skin tone and texture
With that in mind, here are some of the key benefits of non-surgical cosmetic treatments.
- More affordable. Compared with surgical facelifts, nonsurgical or minimally invasive procedures are a fraction of the cost. On average, a surgical facelift costs around $8,000. A Botox treatment costs about $500, and a chemical peel will run you around $550.
- Less recovery time. In general, the recovery time is significantly less. With some procedures, you can be back at work the same day.
- In and out of the doctor’s office quickly. Many nonsurgical treatments take less than an hour to complete.
- Less discomfort. Compared with a surgical procedure, nonsurgical treatments typically have minimal aftercare. In
many cases, you can manage any discomfort with over-the-counter pain medication.
- Fewer risks overall. Because you don’t need general anesthesia or large incisions, fewer risks are typically involved with nonsurgical cosmetic procedures.
The treatment that works best for you will depend on what you most want to change. Some of the most popular requests include:
- tighter skin
- fewer wrinkles
- more radiant skin
All these can be addressed without going under the knife. Depending on your concerns, your dermatologist or plastic surgeon can help you decide on the type of nonsurgical procedure that will work best for you.
Nonsurgical cosmetic treatments offer natural-looking results, are cost-effective, have fewer risks, and require minimal downtime compared with surgical facelifts. They can be an effective option for:
- reducing the appearance of wrinkles and frown lines
- adding volume and firmness to your skin
- improving the texture and smoothness of your skin
Although risks and complications are a possibility with any technique, side effects from nonsurgical facelift procedures tend to be minimal. The most common side effects typically include:
To minimize complications, it’s important to always work with an experienced board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.